Stay safe and save money.
An annual boiler service can save you money, prevent a boiler breakdown and could even save your life.
We tend to take heating and hot water for granted and don't give our boiler a second thought until it breaks down. Here are the top reasons to get your boiler serviced.
- You could save money on repairs - A boiler engineer will be able to pick up on any minor faults which could escalate to a full blown break down in the future. This could save you money and help you avoid the inconvenience of a broken boiler.
- A boiler check could save your life - If your boiler is incorrectly installed, poorly maintained or not regularly serviced, it can produce carbon monoxide gas. According to the Health and Safety Executive, carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning kills around 20 people per year and the main cause is from gas appliances being incorrectly installed, maintained or ventilated. A boiler service will identify any carbon monoxide leaks.
- Boiler maintenance can reduce your fuel bill - A boiler engineer will make sure that your boiler is running as efficiently as possible, which can save you money on your fuel bills and subsequently cut your household carbon emissions.
Stay within the law with boiler services - While there
is no legal requirement for homeowners to have their
boilers serviced, landlords are legally obliged to have
the boiler serviced annually and provide a Gas Safety
certificate to prove the work has been done.
Below is an outline of our service procedures:
- Visually inspect boiler to ensure that there are no visible defects and that it complies with safety regulations.
- Switch on boiler to test basic operation prior to testing.
- Check and test all main components: burners, injectors, heat exchangers, condensate trap and fan. Inspect electrical connections and pipework.
- Take readings with flue gas analyser to ensure the gas valve and make sure the boiler is running safely and to manufacturer's specification.
- Gas rate boiler to ensure that it is burning the correct amount of gas. Also carry out working pressure tests between gas meter and boiler.
- Finally we will issue a CP6 servicing certificate.
Symptoms which may indicate that your boiler requires serviced:
- To maintain your manufacturer's warranty agreement.
- Hot water has limited flow or not as hot as it should be.
- Boiler overheating or needs refilling frequently
- Fan makes a noise.
- Water pressure keeps dropping.
- Pump noisy.
- Constantly resetting the boiler.
- Stains on or near the appliance - On older boilers
- Pilot light keeps going out - On older boilers
- Irregular or yellow flame.
To book your boiler service please contact us today.