Scott Findlay Plumbing & Heating Engineers Limited (Scott Findlay) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Data controller – A controller determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.
Data processor – A processor is responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller.
Data subject – Natural person
Categories of data: Personal data and special categories of personal data
Personal data – The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’ meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier (as explained in Article 6 of GDPR). For example, name, home address or private email address. Online identifiers include IP addresses and cookies.
Processing – means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
2. Who are we?
Scott Findlay is the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data that we hold is processed and for what purposes. For all data matters please contact Claire Findlay on 0131 669 9993, by post at Scott Findlay Plumbing & Heating Engineers Limited, 30 Kekewich Avenue, Edinburgh EH7 6TY or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The purpose(s) of processing your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
To maintain our own accounts and records (e.g. booking appointments for a product or service you have asked for, providing quotations, correspondence regarding an order, issuing invoices etc.).
You may give us information about you by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
4. The categories of personal data concerned
With reference to the categories of personal data described in the definitions section, we process the following categories of your data:
- Personal data (name, address, telephone number, email address).
We have obtained your personal data from your enquiry to us.
5. What is our legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Personal data (article 6 of GDPR)
Our lawful basis for processing your general personal data:
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract of service/sale with the data subject, or to take steps to enter into a contract of sale
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation.
6. Special categories of personal data (article 9 of GDPR)
We do not process special categories of personal data
7. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared only with Scott Findlay employees / Worcester Bosch (i.e. registering boiler guarantees) in the course of normal work-based activities.
8. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary.
9. Providing us with your personal data
You are under no statutory or contractual requirement or obligation to provide us with your personal data, but failure to do so will mean that we will be unable to contact you, provide you with a quotation or process any bookings that you wish to place.
10. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable i.e. where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and where the data controller processes the data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable i.e. where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
11. Automated Decision Making
We do not use any form of automated decision making in our business.
You can find out more about Google Analytics at www.google.co.uk/intl/en/policies/privacy.
13. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
- How to make a complaint
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact Claire Findlay on 0131 669 9993, by post at Scott Findlay Plumbing & Heating Engineers Limited 5-7 Wolseley Place, Edinburgh EH8 7AD, or by e-mail to email@example.com.
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113, by post to Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England or by e-mail to https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email.